Life with kids and without a car, ignited
Go on a car diet with me, won't you?
Biking in the rain
Yes, my daughter is being breastfeed still at 9 months and has never experienced the luxury of formula feeding. She hates that stuff. And I'm now glad she has that preference because formula is NOT cheap. I believe in living life as easy as you can, while working as hard as you can. But I'll not complicate shit just to adopt a lifestyle that's often quite expensive to follow ( I will not eat organic food until I make at least $5000 a month).
Now I have a Manhatten Aero Deluxe Cruiser. But if I were to go the route of getting rid of a car for good ( depending on the result of this little experiment) I would rather be towing Lilo and my groceries in this gem:
The BakfietsFor more info on this:
The Bakfiets Cargobike
Bakfiets on Flickr
Now normally I wouldn't give a fuck about sustainability and environmental friendliness, I'm not that kind of a person. I like to think of myself as Hip: a cross between a fairly relaxed hippie and an unpretentious hipster, though you might say the later is non-existent.
But this is pretty fucking cool.
And expensive. These mother fuckers sell for at least $5000 dollars. That's enough for me to buy a used car and pay for the insurance for at least a year.
Also, if I remained in Calgary, which I don't plan on doing, I wouldn't be able to use it during the winter drag. Which of course leads to me revealing my secret plan of saving up enough money to move Lilo and I to a remote city in either Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Sweden.
Yes, I plan on removing myself from mainstream society and just going off to live in a small community. And that's the ride I want to be cruising in when I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment