And yes, it turned out as delicious as it looks. I've been making efforts to improve my nutrition, which I think would benefit my body, of course, but also my HAIR. Now I don't know if I mentioned the fact that during the winter, and the stresses of it all, my hair started falling out in huge balls. In fact I remember running my fingers through my hair in March and just pulling out chunks and chunks.
Psychologically, it was a blow that just took a while to recover from. But part of the reason why I was starting to look like a cancer patient was the fact that I did not make an effort to take care of MYSELF. I was not eating. I was breastfeeding fulltime. I was not sleeping at night. I'm still dealing with the same things except now I'm actually trying to 'fight back' by making an effort to feed myself something else than the contents of a can or fast food.
I'm now taking Iron, Omega 3's, Biotin, Silica and when I don't feel like swallowing that cocktail I take Flinstones Gummies Vitamins. It's sweet and easy to just grab and go. I also have calcium candies, but I rarely take those because they taste like chalk. I should though.
I can feel my bones have just been ravaged by all the breastfeeding I've done.
Another thing that prompted this renewed interest in actually cooking for myself is my...ethnic neighbors ( I think they're middle eastern) but I was getting tired of being tormented by the delicious smells constantly wafting from their apartment.
I'm now taking Iron, Omega 3's, Biotin, Silica and when I don't feel like swallowing that cocktail I take Flinstones Gummies Vitamins. It's sweet and easy to just grab and go. I also have calcium candies, but I rarely take those because they taste like chalk. I should though.
I can feel my bones have just been ravaged by all the breastfeeding I've done.
Another thing that prompted this renewed interest in actually cooking for myself is my...ethnic neighbors ( I think they're middle eastern) but I was getting tired of being tormented by the delicious smells constantly wafting from their apartment.
*****************
Now, body wise, I've excersized perhaps 10 times in a gym since I had my daughter. I've been taking weekly, four hours hikes with other mothers and swimming here and there ( it's not a regular thing) but over all, I have to say I'm pretty ...well...okay with my post pregnancy body. Not satisfied. Okay with it.
I'm going to admit that at 9 months post-partum, I could be doing a lot worse than this.
I could also think of a couple of things I would rather change. My belly for one is not as defined as I would like it to be. I'm always jealous of athletes ( and my mother, back in her basketball haydays) and I think the reason why I look so fit anyways is 99% genes ( my mother was so defined she had to endure gender testing before competitions to make sure she wasn't male) I can attribute my upper body strength to the fact that most of the time I'm logging around a 21 pounds heavy load ( Lilo ) and whatever else I happen to be carting around.
But in my ideal of a perfect body is viewed by some ( perhaps mister I want to be a girl Demsko) as too masculine. Or I'm often criticised for not being feminine enough ( especially by my OWN mother, Mrs. Buff McBiceps herself, who must be dissapointed that after a lifetime of decking me in ruffles or whatever she feels a twenty one year old single mother one one should be wearing...which 99% of the time is stuff I'll rather burn in a bonfire) because I don't wear a bra, makeup or shave. Most of the time I'm too concerned by what's in my deodorant to want to apply it on my skin so most of the time, I actually use lemons on my armpits instead of the clinical strength shit I should be using. Either ways, I don't mind smelling strong. It keeps the boys away. ^_^
When your mother is a professional athlete and most of the time you remember her either recovering from sport injuries or wearing a uniform, that is going to shape your beauty ideals. Per example, when I look at these three women:

I get green with envy!
It took me a while to feel this way about my body type. I remember struggling in highschool with the fact that I was never going to weight 110 pounds. I was never going to be one of the Ashleys. I was never going to have a giant space between my thights or be able to fit in a size 2. Now I'm a size 6 and don't really care. Then I started weightlifting and realized that is where I wanted to be. Being able to legpress 320 pounds at 14 made me feel a lot more accomplished than losing 20 pounds.
Right now I realize that in order to have (and maintain) the physique I desire, I'm going to have to work out a lot more than I have time for. Which is why, in a way, the car diet is a blessing in disguise..
I could also think of a couple of things I would rather change. My belly for one is not as defined as I would like it to be. I'm always jealous of athletes ( and my mother, back in her basketball haydays) and I think the reason why I look so fit anyways is 99% genes ( my mother was so defined she had to endure gender testing before competitions to make sure she wasn't male) I can attribute my upper body strength to the fact that most of the time I'm logging around a 21 pounds heavy load ( Lilo ) and whatever else I happen to be carting around.
But in my ideal of a perfect body is viewed by some ( perhaps mister I want to be a girl Demsko) as too masculine. Or I'm often criticised for not being feminine enough ( especially by my OWN mother, Mrs. Buff McBiceps herself, who must be dissapointed that after a lifetime of decking me in ruffles or whatever she feels a twenty one year old single mother one one should be wearing...which 99% of the time is stuff I'll rather burn in a bonfire) because I don't wear a bra, makeup or shave. Most of the time I'm too concerned by what's in my deodorant to want to apply it on my skin so most of the time, I actually use lemons on my armpits instead of the clinical strength shit I should be using. Either ways, I don't mind smelling strong. It keeps the boys away. ^_^
When your mother is a professional athlete and most of the time you remember her either recovering from sport injuries or wearing a uniform, that is going to shape your beauty ideals. Per example, when I look at these three women:
I get green with envy!
It took me a while to feel this way about my body type. I remember struggling in highschool with the fact that I was never going to weight 110 pounds. I was never going to be one of the Ashleys. I was never going to have a giant space between my thights or be able to fit in a size 2. Now I'm a size 6 and don't really care. Then I started weightlifting and realized that is where I wanted to be. Being able to legpress 320 pounds at 14 made me feel a lot more accomplished than losing 20 pounds.
Right now I realize that in order to have (and maintain) the physique I desire, I'm going to have to work out a lot more than I have time for. Which is why, in a way, the car diet is a blessing in disguise..
No comments:
Post a Comment