I was unable to do much for her birthday, except perhaps reflect on what a turbulent first year it has been for myself and her, to a certain level.
I never thought I, of all people, could have ended up someone's mother yet it is I waking up every morning around 8-9 to the sounds of a disgruntled baby with a diaper full of yesterday's dinner.
She always lights up when I walk in the room, immediately extending her hands: UP. UP now, or I scream my head off, mother...
If I dare walk away then the wailing starts...and oh does it ever make my heart melt. Except for those nights when I've had little to no sleep. Then I can somewhat ignore her complaints.
One thing about Lilo, though, is that she never walks around without a smile on her face. She's inquisitive. She's quite fluent in baby-speak. She loves her mommy. She loves me. That fact alone brings a smile to my face. To be loved unconditionally by someone...ah. It's something no one deserves. And something I feel like I would have to work for the rest of my life. But it's definitely worth the effort.
Aw, she is precious! My little girl will turn 5 months on Sunday. Ugh, they grow up so fast...
ReplyDeleteI like this post. At least your girl gets up 8-9. My Zakiah gets up around 7ish regardless of what time I put her to bed. But I try to get her in bed by 8 so I can have the evenings to myself, which is LOVELY!