A few things have changed since I wrote my last entry. One major change has been Mitchell's attitude towards me. Now, not only does he recant having asked for a divorce, but he wants us to get back in a relationship. I've told him that there are a few reasons why I am not considering those things:
1. He's never been supportive towards his daughter and I
2. He allowed his family members to overstep their boundaries plenty of times and has done nothing to stop that behavior
3. He told everyone who would listen that he did not want to remain married to me
4. He told me he'd met someone else in Kelowna
5. He might be singing this new tune, but I overheard him telling his mother that he's thinking about returning to Kelowna
6. I find certain aspects of his relationship with his cousin unacceptable and I do not want that brat to be a part of my life
Even though I've cited all these valid reasons to go along with his original idea of going our separate ways, I still find that making this decision is hard. It is unfair. I never wanted to divorce him, that was his decision. I never wanted our relationship to end, it was his choice to mistreat his daughter and I and he did so, believing that he was right. I believe this recent change of mind has to do with the introduction of Jason in my life. He might just be feeling jealous. That's not a reason to try to get back with me though. Perhaps he's just gotten used to being taken care of. I fell out of love with him after seeing him behave in a highly selfish and immoral manner. I don't think him suddenly wanting to hang on to Lilo and I is going to make me want to drop ND and resume being mistreated by him and his looney relatives.
I'm really confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment