Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reading List

I got the pleasure of receiving a phone call from a lover-turned-friend named Mo. The first time we met was at a fancy vegan restaurant in Vancouver. I was dining with a few girlfriends and from across the room my eyes came to a stop on...Weird Al Yanchovich (lol, oooh I hope he doesn't resent that)

Except it wasn't. It was Mo...but I kept looking at him, he looked at me, I glanced, he glanced, my friends were laughing at me, it was hilarious. Either ways we exchanged numbers and we began a short...dalliance and decided it was better if we were friends, but he's awesome. Totes.

He called me out of nowhere today ( like he does, every four months or so) and we had a pretty fulfilling converse and I asked him to gimme some reading material and he did, so:

The Enchiridion of Epictetus 
The Tabula of Cebes
The Compassionate Classroom: Relationship Based Teaching and Learning

I tried to recount for him the past few months, Lilo and how I'm thinking about the way my parents raised me, and the mistakes I would like to avoid making as a parent, my own personal journey through anger, depression, dealing with greedy, toxic people then of course...

the end of that and  lots and lots of sexual healing and trying to take myself to a better place emotionally...

how I'm trying to encourage more compassion in myself and how I've used anger to get me through so many obstacles and truly appreciate it ( I've got no problems being an angry person, it gets shit done) but I've reached a new page in my life/saga, and in these times of peace and new love and relationship, the anger needs to be put away 'till it's useful again.

I miss Mo. He's a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment