Mitch, I haven't been answering your calls because I have come to the realisation that in order to find myself in a healthier place emotionally, I can no longer allow you to lead me on. I've come to the decision that this is what is best for me and Lilo, since you have made no apparent effort to come back to Calgary and begin to work on building a relationship with your daughter.
It is mine (and my mother's) assumption that since we've tried to speak to you about your emotional troubles, and have encouraged for you to have a relationship with Lilo, we have done everything we could to include you not only in our family, but also in Lilo's life and I have tried, repeatedly to mend the relationship that you and I had. So, it is with great dissapointment that I have come to the decision of ending all contact with you.
My family and I strongly believe that the environment you and your family fosters is unhealthy for both Lilo and I, and other than the time you've contributed the five hundred dollars a week back and were helping out when you worked at the goodwill, you have made no effort to take care of Lilo, and short of your false statements about returning to live in calgary, you have shown no empathy for the plight that Lilo and I experience, living out here. Furthermore, you've sat by and done nothing while your family repeatedly encroached the boundaries of our relationship and have done nothing to stop them from harming both your daughter and I.
I would resort to going through the courts to obtain funds to help me take care of my child. Any attempts you and your family make to try to poison my daughter and I's life I would fight. Aside from your court appointed visitation, no member of your family is allowed to come anywhere near my daughter since you have proved, in the past, to have no regards for her well-being. I have provided the courts with enough information about the events in the past couple of years to ensure that your family would in no way be able to harm my daughter. In the next month you should receive documents from my lawyer concerning the parenting order I have filed. In the future, depending on whether or not my partner, whoever that might be, choses to adopt Lilo I would strongly suggest you consider giving up your parental rights, since you have made no effort to be her father.
Detached? Yes. But I think I've done everything to try to not only mend our relationship but also to encourage a bond between him and Lilo. And I just don't know what's going through his mind, but I can say, this whole relationship, his actions have spoken louder than his words. So it's time for Lilo and I to just be healthy and happy. With the exception of his aunt, no more of his toxic, Mammon worshipping family.
And for those who would wonder why I would expose all of this, well it seems that most of the people in his family have a complete inability to tell the truth. Must be a genetic disorder. They're the two-faced kind and I'm just tired of having them backtrack on everything they say in my vicinity or behind my back. I've even taken to extreme measures to have backups of everything they say or do because they've so far denied doing anything to harm Lilo and I. Besides, I want to be able to read all of this one day and laugh.
Because it would be so far behind me, and I would be too busy watching Lilo blossom into a healthy, beautiful little girl to remember all this bullshit. I don't know what I'm going to tell her about her dad. I don't think I really want to mention him, but I hope she reads this when she's eighteen. The saga behind her birth...oooh...epic. It would be the stuff of family folklore. I hope I live to be the old grandma who keeps everyone morally in check. I hope by them a little more wisdom would have been bestowed on me. Any deadbeat-dad grandson of mine would have me showing up at his door with said baby in one arm and a can of woop-ass in the other!
Same goes for grand-daughters.
Youtube Madea. That'll be me. Along with my glaucoma medecine.
No comments:
Post a Comment