Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good Food Box ( my first order )

1 head of lettuce, 1 head of spinach
1 cantaloupe, 1 stalk of celery
2 heads of brocolli
2 grapefruits, 2 mangoes, 2 lemons
3 red peppers, 3 onions
4 mini cucumbers, 4 tomatoes
5 bananas, 5 lbs carrot bag
8 pears
10 apples, 10 lbs bag of potatoes
11 oranges
Price: $25 

Lilo and I have prefer a meditteranean diet.

I've actually developed a strong aversion for chicken and beef. I usually buy my 'flesh' at the Superstore. Beef is really cheap up here, so of course it's the only meat I've was eating for a while. I got tired of it pretty quickly. I dislike chicken. Things that appears often on my plate: coconut milk (in a sauce), raisins, lentils, pecan nuts, fish. I love fish! Salmon especially.

I love this program! It runs once a month and that's kind of unconvenient...but probably is part of the reason why such a huge haul is soo cheap. I'm going to see how long it takes for Lilo and I to go through all of this.

Knowing how our diet is mostly vegetarian, I don't think this whole thing is going to last more than a week and some days to go through. I figured if I have to go to a SE depot in the middle of the month then this is the only way I plan on getting our greens from now on.


I also got this picnic basket at the thriftstore for two ninetynine!

It's filled with 3 dresses, one skirt, one shirt and three necklaces. Don't even let me go into how cheap those were.

Because I'm tired, and I've just spent 2 hours on the phone with ND, and an additional 45 minutes with Mitch, trying to convince him to grow up. 

I'm addicted to la vie boheme!

No comments:

Post a Comment