If you're in Calgary and you're starring out of your window, it's snowing. Gone is the promise of an early spring. Along with that dissapointment, Lilo and I are sick. And while she's recovering ( due to her being on antibiotics for her ear AND upper respiratory infection ) it appears that I am now being felled by this inopportune virus. Each cough leaves me feeling like death is upon me, and the bright yellow, blood tainted mucus oozing out of my nose and mouth is just plain nasty.
I've considered chugging some Buckleys, but I am not a big fan of medication. I think antibiotics and most drugs are unnecessarily used and I don't want my body to become immune to its effect, especially when I really do fall ill. So right now I'm dragging my skinny ass around the apartment, trying to care for Lilo, but I'm so tired.
So tired. It's always during these times that I feel a twinge of loneliness. But even if Mitch had been there, he would have ignored me, I would have been hurt by it, I would have started crying and telling him he's a shitty individual, he would have not cared some more. But I haven't heard from him in what feels like months, so I guess he's taken his parents' most wise advise to put Lilo and I behind him, like the horrific mistake we were.
So it's just Lilo and I, and she makes quite the poor nurse. Except for the numerous hugs and kisses she's been showering upon me. Those feel just as good as the medicine I should be cramming in my mouth right now.
Hope you two get better soon. If it's a virus antibiotics would anyway be useless but maybe you can get something to reduce the symptoms to feel a bit better. You really need someone to make you a hot chicken soup with sprinkled with TLC - I thought there was a bf in the background, who should now do what's right???
ReplyDeletelol, he's avoiding us like the plague since we're so highly contagious.
ReplyDelete:( you should avoid him like the plague because he is so highly likely a big crap :(
ReplyDeletelol, yeah we've been fighting about that. But hey he says he's busy. And I'm not gonna pile my expectations on him.
ReplyDeleteOh ok that of course changes everything, I'm so sorry but I didn't know he is busy. How dare of me to expect a guy to look after his sick gf and her baby if he is busy (with very, very important things I'm sure). But I'm convinced when he gets horny the next time he will manage to take a few minutes out of his oh so very busy schedule to grap the handcuffs and satisfy his needs.
ReplyDeleteSorry about that but you definitely deserve better (and I restrain myself from writing what you should pile on him instead of your expectations).
actually I was about to make a post about just that.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to that post ....
ReplyDeleteGone for the weekend so only time to read but not to comment on all your posts. Still one thing has to be said - on the photo with the flower you look thin but more beautiful than ever and your eyes and smile sparkle with life, so please don't compare yourself to that flower.
Hope you two are feeling better by now.
you know, flowers respond quite well to compliments. I should keep that in mind.
ReplyDeleteLilo and I are improving. Finally.
Yeah they say one should talk to plants but I doubt that even the sweetest compliments can raise a dead flower from the grave and bring it back from the flower heaven.
ReplyDeleteGood. It's here also time for the warmth of spring.