Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lilo's got the sniffles

  • My little girl's sick.
  • Coughing, runny eyes and nose, floppy doll syndrome. 
  • I've got to get my apartment cleaned up. 
  • Finish this painting I've been working on for a million years (in order to afford next rent's month...backwards)
Le sigh. 

     I've been going through my own miserable I'm a bad mom patch because we have fallen out of our schedules, due to me working on these miserable braids ( that I finally completed yesterday ) and with Lilo now being sick, I just feel bad.

    Today I clean house, tomorrow I paint and paint and paint, the day after that, who knows, I might get happy again.

    I'm also pondering no longer including pictures of my girl on here and only post drawings of her, because of my hyper-vigilance. Per example, I wanted to post this picture of her enjoying the bouncy balls I got her:

    I know she looks mad in that pic, but trust me, It was a furious sort of happiness. It was such a nice picture, and I wanted to share it with my friends who read this blog, but I've realized my state of mind has soured to the point where I do not feel comfortable posting pictures of her on the internet.

    I'm hoping pencil-only rendition of Leeloo would encourage my idle hands to start sketching some more, now that I've got a model crawling up and down around me. So more drawing, less whining, infinite happy.

    Good plan.

    By the way, I bought 250 of those balls at Toy's R' Us for $30 and I gotta say they're are totally worth it.

    Something else. These braids?

    Beautiful.

    Heavy.

    Never...doing them...again. The original goal for these was to keep my recently shorn head warm during the cold, harsh Calgarian winter. The first set accomplished that. Awesome.

    This time, I decided to go thicker and longer. At the same time, the weather decided to go sunnier and warmer. That left me with acne all over my face, horrible heat rash. The only good thing about it is that I can walk around naked and still feel like I've got a sweater...on my head.

    I'm going to stick to yarn bantu knots this summer. My hair is growing though. I like that part. On the 12th I would have been natural for a year. My overall plan for my natural hair is to grow it for 5 years and then loc 'em.

    Dreadlocks. Clean, intellectual black female one. A La Alice Walker perhaps. I'm not sure.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment