Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm aware that most of the pain is gone
There's a gaping hole in my core
The socket feels numb, hollow, but the edges still tingle

Torn flesh, frayed and bleeding
Lying on the ground, disoriented
Brittler than an autumn-torn leave, blowing left, right and about...

I cherish the vegetative state I've sunk into
My walls wrap around me, cocoon-cool and velvety
The anger swims beneath the surface
Pacing anxiously
A tiger held behind precarious bars

G r o w l...

This town is one filled with greed and hatred
And the people I've dealt with rather...unsavory...

I walk away with the knowledge that humanity's evil knows no bound
More than often we are our own enemies, we humans
Preferring to harm instead of acting in loving manners

I walk away with the confidence of a battle-scared warrior,capable of surviving the worst
Smug, devil may care, fuck you attitude at hand, begging for a fight

Energy vampires are too banal an issue when one's true self awakens
The ancestors' chants have been heard
And I turn my back on others' pettiness, entitlement, delusional self-righteousness and denial

Nature calls!
My earth mother calls for me to be in unison with my true self
And run as free as every fiber in my body longs to be

I would scoop a bit of her and pour 'er in my chest cavity
And plant a seed

To Hope that springs eternal

To Love, germinating in that sacred core

To Pain, and the brain-blossom it induces



Doe

3 comments:

  1. To Yolande, such a precious gift of love and beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Gu, whose kind words never fail to brighten my days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) to Yo, whose simple existence never fails to bring a smile to my heart.

    ReplyDelete