Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I quit my job.

And I'm moving to Nelson at the end of March. It was a decision I tried to put off as long as I could, but I'm stressed out, tired, constantly sick, and I can't shake the feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something else with my life.

So I'm moving on. I don't want to get a job when I get there. I want to employ myself. I want to get into the local permaculture scene and get some education, start an herb garden, grow my own food and get more involved with mycology (learning about mushroom, cultivating, foraging and potentially selling them).

It's time for me to live the life I want to live. I've tried fitting in to this system and it's not happening. I barely make fifteen hundred a month and get three hundred from the gov, per month. Daycare's increased it's fee to three fifty. Rent is eight seventy five, insurance is one forty, utilities is one twenty, let's not even talk about gas, and diapers...groceries didn't even make that list. All to make money that I don't see. Spent a whole year making money that never spent anytime in my pocket.

So I'm not going to waste my time trying to keep a job. I'll take myself back to BC, where if my daughter and I are sleeping in my car, and homeless, we might not freeze in the middle of the night.

Fuck it. A wise woman told me my soul family resides where I'm heading, and there, abundance and good health will find me, and I can finally heal my wounds and shed myself of the negative, deluded people who have polluted my life. I'm ready to start over, for my daughter's sake.

6 comments:

  1. ... and kicking I very much hope! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a really gripping and beautiful picture - did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not make it, but it makes my heart pitter-patter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Interesting experience to see comments of myself to an entry I haven't read before. My mind must be separating from my body)
    I'm glad you made a decision which sounds in harmony with your soul and you are actually executing that decision soon. Hope your body will be as satisfied with it as your mind certainly will be. If you ever need some help with surviving I pray you give me a chance to do something useful.
    This photo, God you look again beautiful and sexy beyond believe. Are you sure mushrooms are the way to go and not the catwalk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature's winning this one: I'll always look model on top, but I've got the thighs and hips of a curvy woman who loves food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So who cares, you are bloody perfect anyway Yo.
    You want to give me your name on FB please?
    I'm glad you survived the snow accident but isn't it time for Spring now, even in Canada? Nelson seems to be an artistic village so I'm sure you will make your way there.

    ReplyDelete