Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blah, blah, blah...My father was a representative for the IMF and my mother is a former Olympic athlete turned teacher turned nurse who came from a family of priests, businessmen, cops and doctors. I grew up with a cook, a driver, caretakers, a maid and my brothers and I each had our own nannies. I did not actually scrub my own body in a shower until I was nine years old. I accidentally married a spoiled, entitled man and was too brown and opinionated for his family. And I, apparently, fail at life, achievement and education because I will never be able to provide the same upbringing for my daughter.

Oh, not to mention, men think they can treat me like an object.

I have dishonored my father and mother! Where is my smiting lightning bolt?

Yes, I will never amount to their greatness, replicate their enthusiasm for success. I'm undesirable, irresponsible and i will never succeed. The end?

Now, I can go back to living my worthless life. Quite happily, you know what, because I'm working on my happiness. The rest can suck my ass nugget.

Fuck, I'm good enough for me, dammit.

#thefirststepofovercomingprivilegeisadmittingit

No comments:

Post a Comment