Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blog Numero 2435568332...

I need to stop doing this. I've been holed up on Livejournal since 2004, ventured in Tumblr territory for a while, moved from one LJ to another, had a Wordpress account for a while, made out with Blogspot for a while, then we broke up.

Now I beg you too take me back, Blog-O-baby! I promise to let you put it in my butt!!!

Joking of course. Erm. I have a sense of humor. I also have a baby. That kind of complicates things, but then again, it doesn't.

For one, I am now a mother, but you won't see me curbing my eccentricity to please the conservative idea of what Motherhood should entail, and dictate how a mother should comport herself.

Now this by no means imply that I'm as wild as they get, but I am for one thing brutally honest. About myself, my feelings, and my love of my daughter.

Speaking of baby, let's see:

I met this dude. Yeah, the one on the left. I was under the impression that we fell in love but alas, that wasn't the case. Time has proven of course, to be the enemy. He went crazy and abandoned me with our child.

I cried.
I cried.
I cried.


I got angry. Screamed. Cursed up and down. I thought I had failed my daughter. Then I got bored and over his schizo ass.


Now my life is her and she is my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Before she came in my life, I thought of becoming an artist. Went to school at Emily Carr in Vancouver. I studied film and video, dreamed about becoming a writer and painted pretty pictures.

Before I did that I was a high school student in Virginia.

Before that, a scrawny kid traveling from country to country in Continental Africa.

Before that I was a glimmer in my mother's eye, as she played professional basketball for her country Olympic team.

And before that...well, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment