
My immigration interview was on Friday. Mitch, Leeloo and I took a cab and were there on time (Thank GOD).
I feel like I've spent my life in and out of immigration offices.
Cameroun Senegal.
Senegal Cameroun.
Cameroun Togo.
Togo Senegal.
Togo Ghana.
Togo Benin.
Togo U.S.A.
U.S.A France.
France Togo.
Togo France U.S.A.
U.S.A Canada.
At list in Africa you have little stamping post and little fuss, as long as you're willing to bribe. North America has high esteem for its borders. And fuck insignificant you for being an immigrant. I almost wish they had passports for people like me. Folks with no border, and little to no knowledge of their cultural origins. People who don't seek to limit themselves by borders or labels like nationality. I have family dispersed all over this planet. My father is in one continent, my mother in the other. My brothers are in different countries each sometimes. I've got the nationality of a country I've spend very little time in. I most of the time feel lost. There's no wanderlust in this silly girl. I'm just looking for a place to bury my feet in the ground and grow some roots.
No comments:
Post a Comment