Monday, January 18, 2010

Photography

I am not usually the type to focus on my partner's race. Some people are really big on only dating interracially and that's a bit...freaky.Besides, I like to think that before the disaster that was my marriage, my taste in man ran the gamut of 'is it hot and have a functional member?' to 'sensitive, intelligent and someone I feel a connection to'.

Race was never a factor, though I've never had the best luck with black men. First one I dated was gay. Second one...was a walking exception of the stereotype that men of african ancestry have longer equipment. And was mean. Then again, haven't had the best luck with asians ( wouldn't 'date' me because I was black) indians ( never actually was romantically involved with one) or...who else is there? Na'vi ? (don't think our reproductive organs are compatible).

 I used to be color blind. Before meeting my ex, and his family, I actually had to be reminded, constantly, of the fact that I was black. And that's...interesting.



And now I might be racist. I harbor a lot of resentment, I see people differently. I see myself differently. But it's nice to know that folks out there are able to love each other despite the color of their skins and so-called cultural differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment