My skin's freaking the fuq out! And my new braid are coming along (I've been braiding for 8-9 days)
ridiculous.
But I've been natural for a year now and unfortunately you can't maintain length with natural black hair unless you have some good genes, or you get dreads. I think dreads are too permanent. And if for 10 years I grow bum-length dread I'm going to want to switch it up. And not being able to change my hair bugs me for a reason.
Something about changing my hair makes me feel like I'm changing myself, inside, as well. You look in the mirror, see someone different from your usual self, you feel different. And that's usually the catalyst I need when I'm feeling down...change your hair, change your perspective.
Right now, my perspective is a little troubled, but I will be okay. Lilo and I are going to be okay. No matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment