Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heppy Sainte Petty day!

I've got an Irish aunt and uncle-in-law. Does that count?
Here's to having a global family: SWIG!
I was gonna post that picture of me drunk with no eyebrows, but since my computer's died it's been at the repair shop...and I can't get it back cause I'm broke. Besides, I've gotta pay for the diagnostic and data recovery.

Le sigh.
My wallet's hurting.
Today's not a day for merrymaking oh no. I'm running out of diapers and I have no money. I've mismanaged it ( got Lilo and I some real cool duds so being the cheap queen I am, spent more trying to cash in on multiple deals, and I also purchased a surprise I'll reveal later ) then caved in and paid a bit off of my Shaw bill and now I've got not much...just enough to go pick up a few seeds at Seedy Saturday this weekend. I'm trying to potty train Lilo again and it's not going to well.

And no, my urge to get her off the wipes has nothing to do from some eco-friendly agenda oh no... I just think it's really disturbing that I no longer have qualms about picking up shit fresh out of my baby's bum with my bare hands without a single bat of an eyelash (happened this morning).

And all kinds of diapers are expensive. If it's not the purchase that gets you, if you do the disposable ones, it's the constant laundry in an apartment with coin machines (washing and drying one load, in their pathetically small machines, is $4.00). And believe me, I'm all for hand-washing, I do it all the time, but good luck trying to dry clothes in the winter.

Either ways, I'm doing a late late switch to cloth diapers (that I would be making with the materials I got when she was born, because I originally intended to use cloth diapers exclusively, but then life got all shades of shitty and I never got around to making them) and since I have no money in the bank, I'm going to make my own.

Life's given me naught but lemons lately, but fuck it, I'm making moherfockin' Smirnoff Ice, hum-kay?

And the shitty laundry situation is making me reconsider staying in this apartment. That and I really want a place with hardwood floor. It's a lot easier to disinfect after the baby's done running around shitting and peeing left and right, when all you want her to do is sit on the god-damn potty and make her noxious deposits in ONE PLACE . All this shit just makes me think of all the things I need, I need, I need, like an awesome wet/dry super vacuum cleaner, instead of the glorified broom I got at the Superstore for $25.

I'm starting to seem/feel/sound really fucking materialistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment