By now, you must have read this article Jill Scott wrote for Essence.
What a fucking idiot. A bit harsh, but I'm more than a little offended right now. Did you need to let the world know how low your self esteem is? Did your baby's father leave you for a white woman? I mean how long are black women going to go around being blatantly racist over the pretext that their feelings are hurt because white chicks get all the black dicks?
Ever stop to think that not all black men date white women because it's a status thing? Did you stop to think that perhaps...oh I don't know THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER??? I mean, saying things like I would never date a man from another race? THAT'S RACIST! Black men belong to black women? SEPARATIST AND RACIST!!! Period. If your love for a man is first and foremost defined by the color of his skin, then by the fact that he's successful? Oy ve. Cock is cock, no matter how long it's been baking in the sun. And no cock is worth this much fuss.
What makes you think you've got dibs on the men of your race? I wasn't aware that I was supposed to be frowning at interracial couples. Oh wait, do I have some deep, self-hating issues because I date non-black men and I don't subscribe to the 'urban' lifestyle? Does this mean black men are supposed to have first dibs on me and I've been denying them the honor? Do you have a problem with my non-black kid? Eek. Perish the thought! You can't write an article like that and use broad generalizations to support your argument. Too much of a powder keg, and BOOM it exploded in your face.
You're entitled to your opinion, Jill, but it's controlling, possessive and yes, racist. I agree with some of your point. I'm sorry that you need a black man by your side to validate yourself.
If you're that insecure, maybe it's time to do some inner work, and boost up that self confidence. And go to Africa. There's plenty of black cock there and guess what? They would LOVE to be with you because your skin is light. And somewhere behind the guy dating you is a darker skinned African woman, jealous of the fact that a MIXED RACED (yes, you are Jill Scott. Kunta Kinte is not your only ancerstor) African-American chick is scoring the only successful guys around.
Oh Jill.
Losing respect for you by the second.
As for me? I've made my one tiny bundle-o-joy contribution to ensure that we one day live in a post-racial world.

No comments:
Post a Comment