Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green Thumb


That vermi-compost I bought at Calgary Seedy Saturday must be plant steroid, because in a month my basil has quadrupled in size. The picture above is from 2 weeks ago, when I transplanted it. The pictures below are from today, 12-14 days later.


That's the biggest basil leaf I've ever seen.


I had to replant the pumpkin, cherry tomato and lettuce because I left the plastic cover on too long and my first set of sprouts died. My carrots are taking their time but are finally showing up...so are the Brandywine tomato. I'm actually looking for some organic mushroom spores. Going to try to grow it in the dark in my storage space! I just planted the stevia a few days ago and I'm praying to the good lord that they grow, because I got scammed into buying 20 seeds for a ridiculous price I won't even reiterate. Should have gone to Heirloom Seed Swap!

Once Lilo wakes up from her nap I'm going down to Kensington to pick up Radical Homemakers. Don't know why, now that the desperation of doing the 9-6 beat has set in and I realize that short of a miracle (or me moving back to Africa to live on one of my father's properties), Lilo and I are not going to be living the life I would have liked to see us live. But since I don't have cable anymore, I've been reading up a storm.

Returning to my bookworm roots makes me feel a tad bit better about how pathetic my life is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment