Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I often wonder about death, and what lies beyond

I'm such a shameless wanna-be foodie...whenever I sink my teeth into organic strawberries I fill up with a feeling of appreciation for just being alive, for being (and the need to wax poetic).

Awareness, conciousness...knowledge...

Our brains are capable of retaining so much information and we are technically only using but a small percentage of the capacity of this organ. Yet none of us are trying to further its growth. Some believe that is achieved through 'enlightenment'...others through scientific advancements. Which essentially, is the basic struggle between and within the members of our species: wondering whether we can achieve a higher state of being through our own means or through a divine one.

Man versus his Ego versus his Faith, well I say there is nothing, after we die, nothing except release, release from a life time of suffering, living in a moment torn between heaven and hell, between right and wrong and the things that determine our fates. And our actions? Those take us ping-ponging down the corridors of time, out of control, barely able to grasp what is really happening to us.

And at the end of that harrowing journey?

Peace. Rest. The end. Quiet. Silence.

Belief in the Afterlife is a notion encouraged by Human Delusion of Grandeur Syndrome, a mental illness I've just coined (LOL at me thinking I'm original. They've got the weirdest shit in the DSM-IV and I'm sure this falls under Schizophrenia).

Yeah, I'm just this fucking brilliant tonight. And it's something that's brought on by a hyper inflated sense of ego. It also gives those affected by it the tendency to want to collect shiny things...like magpies.

We're constantly filled with the feeling that we are less than we are supposed to be.

What if THIS is really it! This is our chance to experience living, beauty beyong anything we could ever image, love, love, love! What if this is our only chance to be and we have been ruining it over and over again throughout the duration of our whole history?

Who are we to believe that death brings about a higher understanding and a more powerful state of being? We're cockroaches! Given the chance, and most do this, humans always resort to harm in order to achieve their goals.We're so busy blowing hot air we forget we are but tiny, minuscule plankton on the third floating rock orbiting around the tiny sun in our forever expanding universe.

What the fuck gives us the right to believe we are so special?

Why do we still strive to dominate after Nature's Clock ushers in our inevitable demise (as opposed to being more loving, compassionate and open, tolerant, during the limited time we have on this floating rock)?

Even I still can't decide whether what lies beyond is a bunch of sissy angels with crooked rings and arbitrary rule or a couple of genetically modifying green aliens!

Boy am I thinking about weird shit lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment