I can’t seem to contact myself as of late. I remember a time when I was
unable to keep up with the thoughts emerging from my mind and now I seem so
lost. I want what I can’t have. Isn’t that part of the human condition anyway?
I’m floating down the river. I went to see another reader today. He's a blind man and has been reading cards for 45 years. He used the same analogy to describe this lag I'm experiencing. No I'm not crazy. Yes, I've lost sight of myself. I'm safe. I have nothing to fear. I could try being more pragmatic and I'm making efforts to, though I feel blind. And I am as of late...my mind's closed that door. I'm supposed to trust into this flow, but I
can’t get along in water when my feet can’t reach the bottom. I tend to hyperventilate and flay about and pray someone would save me. But things are different now.
I got away from the past and got away from my failed union and I've had to do it for myself as of late. And I don't really find any joy in it. There's peace, when I'm out in nature. It's easy to bliss out in the sun. I don't want to deal with anyone's inner contradictions when I'm struck dumb by mine. But I have to start making money for myself and Lilo and I'm so uninspired. Perhaps greed might fulfill the need for a purpose, which I'm assuming is to serve others and guide them. But I have never felt so alone and don't really have a desire to 'connect' with the facades people constantly present to me.And I have no desire to guide people who are hellbent on making the same mistake over and over.
As I have, recently.
I got away from the past and got away from my failed union and I've had to do it for myself as of late. And I don't really find any joy in it. There's peace, when I'm out in nature. It's easy to bliss out in the sun. I don't want to deal with anyone's inner contradictions when I'm struck dumb by mine. But I have to start making money for myself and Lilo and I'm so uninspired. Perhaps greed might fulfill the need for a purpose, which I'm assuming is to serve others and guide them. But I have never felt so alone and don't really have a desire to 'connect' with the facades people constantly present to me.And I have no desire to guide people who are hellbent on making the same mistake over and over.
As I have, recently.
I can’t trust my
heart when it continues attaching itself to men who do not feel love for me. I
shook like a child the last time I held him. And I just wanted to get away
because deep down inside I knew there was no place there for me. How do I trust
myself when I keep making stupid decisions, trusting and opening myself to the
wrong people? I hate myself for being unable to control myself sometimes and not be able to walk the fuck away even though the truth is right there for me to see. Wishful thinking remains my greatest fault.
The past three years have taught me that all time alone ever gives me is a deep desire to connect
with others, more specifically someone. I have to work on the practical stuff
now and I feel so discouraged. I have no desire to pick up the pen. I know I
need to work on myself but what is there to work on? I’ve isolated us in order
to find my way. The cards and the oracle says that is a good thing. I was surrounded by manipulative people before, people who pushed me away from my true self, wanted me to exchange my voice for a litany of shanti anecdotes and here I am a year later, still searching for it. On paper, in thought…my jaw twitches and I want to open up and
scream out frustration, but I don’t know how many people would understand. I’m looking for serenity, whatever it means.
Positive affirmations, some yoga. I need my own space, I guess I'm staring at more alone time. Maybe I just need to keep moving forward. I don't know anymore. I don't know. At least I still have my looks. Nice to know I'm not so fucking undesirable! Nice to know that he's not good for me. I knew it from the start. But I still tried. And got the same result. So that's what I call a waste of emotional energy...energy I should be keeping for myself.
It's so hard dealing with people who present a different version of themselves to me when I can sense something else and I'm tired of being around people who expect me to present a different version of what I'm feeling. So I'm done...and I need to perhaps build more anchors for myself before the cosmic eavesdrop bombardment begins again...and it will when I reach that mythical happy place ahead of me. This is only the beginning of my journey, after all.
I'm beginning to see that this book idea that I had a few years ago has slowly sipped into this reality and I'm now walking the path of the main character. I see her as a forever bitter crone who acts independently from her feelings and chooses only the wise and beneficial path. Probably by that stage she won't have any. Unless she meets a being who appreciates her.
It's not a matter of seeing myself worthy of love, because I always expect it (from the worst candidates) as much as I give it. But maybe I shouldn't expect. I shouldn't give it away either. Here I was thinking that I was being somehow selective by chasing the few men who illicit that intense pull but that is no indicator of the character (and nature which, not surprisingly, happens to be very polygamous) of these blokes which is one that isn't receptive to the idea of caring and respecting the likes of me so... I think I'm learning something here: Emotionally unavailable men who illicit that base impulse within myself are to be manipulated and baited like unconscious beasts. If I'm going to remain a fucking idiot and continue to seek out relations with that type, sex is a treat which should be withheld from the lusty brutes until they scram, or the moment they finally perceive an element of humanity in me, that is if they are attracted to my personality at all and make efforts to get to know me. Forget all that bullshit about wanting to know them and connect with them on a deeper level. It's all about conquest.
It's so hard dealing with people who present a different version of themselves to me when I can sense something else and I'm tired of being around people who expect me to present a different version of what I'm feeling. So I'm done...and I need to perhaps build more anchors for myself before the cosmic eavesdrop bombardment begins again...and it will when I reach that mythical happy place ahead of me. This is only the beginning of my journey, after all.
I'm beginning to see that this book idea that I had a few years ago has slowly sipped into this reality and I'm now walking the path of the main character. I see her as a forever bitter crone who acts independently from her feelings and chooses only the wise and beneficial path. Probably by that stage she won't have any. Unless she meets a being who appreciates her.
It's not a matter of seeing myself worthy of love, because I always expect it (from the worst candidates) as much as I give it. But maybe I shouldn't expect. I shouldn't give it away either. Here I was thinking that I was being somehow selective by chasing the few men who illicit that intense pull but that is no indicator of the character (and nature which, not surprisingly, happens to be very polygamous) of these blokes which is one that isn't receptive to the idea of caring and respecting the likes of me so... I think I'm learning something here: Emotionally unavailable men who illicit that base impulse within myself are to be manipulated and baited like unconscious beasts. If I'm going to remain a fucking idiot and continue to seek out relations with that type, sex is a treat which should be withheld from the lusty brutes until they scram, or the moment they finally perceive an element of humanity in me, that is if they are attracted to my personality at all and make efforts to get to know me. Forget all that bullshit about wanting to know them and connect with them on a deeper level. It's all about conquest.
As a teen I used to close my eyes and see, clear as day, these bricks I would wrap around myself. They were large, had rounded corners and shone like freshwater pearls. I've got walls but no roots, no anchor. I've stomped on all feelings, even the maternal ones, and I have to control and discipline myself. I sacrifice all wishful fantasies, dreams and expectations chasing an indistinguishable goal. I'm holding on to myself. I'm the King of Cups on his Water Chariot.
I want off this throne of stone but I can't turn back.
You are analyzing so much. Yourself, your behavior, your relationship to the world, the possible changes in case of altering yourself, the thoughts in other peoples minds when interacting with you or sleeping with you or reacting to your efforts to make them love you. You try to solve equations with more and more unknowns. Adding past, present and future. Not just understanding it, but solving it, manipulating it, turning it into your favor. It seems to me you would need methods way beyond Albert Einsteins abstract mind powers to get close to a solution. Can one even understand love? Wouldn't you have to go one dimension up, look from the fourth to see and understand the third?
ReplyDeleteAs complex as your theoretical thoughts are, as simple seems to be your experimental practice. You offer your body first and expect to find the love afterwards. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Even Marms know to get their reward first. First love than sex? Your way it's like a lottery, buy a ticket, scratch, be disappointed, buy the next ticket. Each time you try to get the only red ball out of the bag full with green ones the odds are the same, they don't increase. Luck and faith rule the game, no outsmarting.
Are you sure you are seeing yourself worth of love, deep down? Or have you lost the unquestionableness of the obvious, try to prove that has already been proven a long time ago?
Or is it the anxiety about the future of you and Lilo which mixes up the colors of the painting? Is the future influencing the presence more than the past does?
I'm worried about you Yo.
I would have to say it's the later. I lose my head when it comes to love I don't even know how to rationalize my behavior around this guy. Yes there is a lot of anxiety about the future...too much in fact. It's easy to get lost in fantasy that way. I think I'm just starting to realize that love relationships will never work in the way I imagine it would.
ReplyDeleteI always expect honor but most men just take what's being offered and leave my needs aside. My ideals have no place in this world! Yes, I'm worthy of love, but I'm working against the entire aspect of male chauvinism and my idealism isn't just holding up to that. I don't expect a man to show up and magically heal my pain, I'm looking for a partner to share my inner most secrets with.
I don't know if you've realized, from my walking away from Jason, that my independence is very important to me. Just because I seek the affection of a mate does not mean I'm interested in co-housing and nesting up with whomever would have me. I'm looking for the right candidate but I went wrong about it. I just open my heart and trust and men take advantage of it. Don't assume I'm unstable because I'm gullible in those terms.
I've noticed a pattern in my attractions, I'm realizing something that I'm not certain I wish to explain at the moment...because of the general attitude I've encountered toward my new esoteric endeavors.
I'm also trying to establish myself in a foreign country with no family and no support, other than the one I receive from true friends who have finally emerged out of the chaos to knit a security net around myself and my daughter.
I understand now, cunning is the way to love. Deceit and manipulation, withholding sexual union until affection is reciprocated. I'm not sure why I become so vulnerable around someone who my heart attaches itself to, although I've gotten better at reigning in my romantic delusions. I like taking risks. I take huge risks in love. I've won the lottery once, I will again. I've just got control my lust and use my charms and body as bait to lure candidates into a friendship.
Really, I have a very mellow social life. I take care of my child day in day out, and the rest of the time I'm reading, painting or doing some form of physical labor. I really am sorry that I vainly try to escape my docile reality by playing russian roulette with my body and heart. Poor unstable little girl I am. Enough with the wishful thinking!
I use the tarot as a shield, yes. I'm overprotecting myself. I don't want to just let life happen, I want to anticipate every little deceit, but I am going to drive myself insane in the process because it's just too much information. But I'm trusting into something that is bigger than I. I will get better at avoiding the potholes in my way. I have no other choice.
Love is a difficult subject for any human let alone for someone who went through a nightmare like you did. You know how much I admire you and your strength which you have shown in every step over the last years. I don't criticize you at all it makes me just sad to see you struggling and trying so hard to find love and a man. Somehow I believe that love comes either easy or not at all. Two people love each other and they can not turn it on or off, it's a force of nature. I know relationships can be hard work to keep going but the initial love should be like lightening in the heart, even if it takes some time to admit it to the outside world.
DeleteSometimes I just think you try too hard to get something which is only worth something if it comes spontaneous and voluntarily. If you have to fight for someone's love, it usually isn't worth the effort.
"Deceit and manipulation, withholding sexual union until affection is reciprocated" needs probably more alchemistic powers than I can imagine to produce love. You should escape your daily routine to have fun, experience lust or whatever. But going on hunting expeditions for love sounds rather painful and illusionary.
You are in so many ways the most wonderful person I know, filled from the toes to your hair-ends with beauty, sexiness, wisdom, power, creativity, intelligence and honesty. If some guys don't want and appreciate the full package or are not able to handle it than you shouldn't try to convince them, they simply miss some essential parts of their brain. Use the rest of their body if it is good looking but discard after use as hazardous waste.
The 'pattern in my attractions' is one worrying aspect though. It might filter out the good ones. And patterns are so hard to break.
I thought I could just use his body and remain above it all but that didn't turn out to be the case.
DeleteThis whole thing has revealed something to me though: the importance of that mental attraction in my ideal of a mate. Communication is important to me. It's not going to happen if I indulge my lust. Hence the withholding of sex until that connection is established.
I'm not sure why I yearn for that connection right now. I've always had. I'm always looking for love. And mine's never good enough to the men I find myself falling for. It's over. Life goes on.
You don't strike me as a person who could ever separate sex from love, lust from feelings. Especially not after what you have been through alone.
DeleteI guess there has to be a balance between lust and communication and an assurance that both is part of the deal. As communication is anyway a weak point in the male species most would be just too happy to eat only the cherry from the cake. :(
Yo you are a normal woman and as much as you have been on your own in recent months it's clear that like 99.9% of all people you need and want someone special in your life. Especially now when you try to figure out what way to go in the future it is not surprising you want someone on your site who loves and supports you and your decisions.
I'm not really sure what men you are falling for but I fear it's not that 'your love is never enough' but that they all have an inability to have a non-selfish relationship with others or at least put the partners needs first or even on equal level with their own. That must on the other hand also have something to do with what attracts you. Something from your past, your childhood has influenced you subconscious selection of your preference in men. I don't really know if it is possible to change the attraction pattern, if one is aware of it and its negative results. But I hope it is.
Oh and with this guy, I knew he was bad for me. I just always think I can change them. I try to dig underneath the surface, but I wasn't welcomed. He can invade me but I'm not allowed past his facade. I don't think that's very fair.
ReplyDelete(I'm in and out, up and down today so I'll split my replies in bits and pieces)
DeleteThis one puzzles me on two points. If you know the guy is bad for you than it is like you punish yourself, injure yourself, like self harm - or he is bad in emotional terms but good in physical aspects, fulfills your sexual needs and you hope the rest will follow if you try hard enough to push him.
BUT the concept about 'changing them' is impossible as you never ever can change adult people from the outside and love is accepting someone as s/he is, not a changed dream made version of them. Love and change are a contradiction in themselves, if there is need to change than there is no love.
So he is afraid to let you in - he doesn't want any kind of real relationship, just some fun with no strings attached. As I don't know him at all it doesn't make sense to speculate why but the real problem is anyway that you two simply don't want the same (whatever it is each of you two exactly want). It's sad and painful but there is nothing anyone can do. You are in love with him if you want it or not and he either can not or want not. Try not to let him invade you any deeper (if you can) he has no business in your soul.
... let me try to write something to your entry above ....
My dear lady, You have been in similar situations before. Why do you do this things to yourself and Lilo?
ReplyDeleteI know it's not easy out there but I want you to be creating, making, living. You are so talented, intelligent, smart, beautiful.
It seems that every time, it is a man who brings you unhappiness. This needs to stop. Stop pursuing such men, the love you seek will find you.
I wish I was there with you, hug you and talk to you all night long and smack you in the face, if necessary..
It's been almost 2 yrs since you left Calgary. When do I get to hear good news from you?
Start doing the things you want to do. But 1st you need a plan. No more spontaneous shit.
You are young, you can do it. Rise up and be the great artist you were born to be.
Do you hear from your mom?
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are doing well. i just saw your last youtube video and I feel in my heart to tell you this. You need to heal before you can move forward. That blow you took when you left Calgary blinded you. You aren't yourself anymore. Please seek the help of friends and people you trust to help you get back on track. Try not to escape from reality, but grab on to it firmly! Also read anything you can about depression and burnout. God bless you!