I woke from a dream of venomous grass choking on phlegm.
Relieved myself twice, wrote a poem in my head, then forgot
it. Lilo has made her way back in my bed now that the spider count in the cabin
is rising.
I’m going to have to do something about it. They are
massive. Talcum powder is the latest spider remedy a lady shared with me. Last
year I collected horse chestnuts and hung them around the yurt and it seemed to
do something. Perhaps it just got too cold for them to hang around. I hate to
annihilate the Anansi, but I have to constantly pull them out of my hair lately
and that’s taking the witch metaphor too far.
My bedroom in Virginia had massive dust covered webs at each
corner…it was the time I was going through my “Morticia Adams” phase. It was
all fun and games until the brown recluses moved in.
It’s not like I can sleep past 2 lately. A restless mind
that won’t stand still, won’t allow itself to, really. The place between my legs
is throbbing. So is my back and most of my midsection. I recognize the ache of
a sore body after a summer’s worth of hard work but I don’t remember it ever
hurting like this. And perhaps this is part of my grand denial, but I’m staring
at a number of doctor’s appointments, scheduled poke and prod sessions and I’m
just not interested.
I don’t know if they can do anything for me.
I’m just trying to wrap my mind around regaining control of
myself. I know I’m going to be fine. I know it’s going to hurt, but it’s like
slicing an extra appendage off with a meat cleaver. It doesn’t fit the plan…It
is cumbersome and it needs to go.
Too bad I need the damn thing to live.
But I am finding life as an emotionless robot has its
advantages. On top of a complete disregard to physical pain, I just have a
general attraction to complication and misery. Explains the ex and the propensity
for being the other woman, in whatever forms you want to appropriate to the
word ‘other’. I don’t feel much as of
late. I haven’t, until this last moon.
I’m watching the sky lighten through a haze of smoke. A part-woman,
outside woman, the crazy witch living in the forest! I finally realized my wish.
Not doing crazy shit I have no business doing! That was the lesson I learned
from Casanova.
I’ve changed. Everything has. I’ve not been with him since,
and I thought I was settling for a long stretch of spinsterhood, but that did
not happen. Tripped and felled into another mental quandary. And as usual,
preparing for the worst outcome, I’m mulling to you, oh great Laptop! My lament
is great! Hear my whine!
It’s funny, the last time I spoke to the previous Gemini I
was entangled with (because at this
point, it’s a life trend, starting with a boy I grew up with in Africa, My ex-husband,
Casanova, and now, this ‘swash-buckling’ dandy ) via email, months ago he
mentioned something about making love near a body of water. And the image was
in my head for weeks. And I always thought it would be incredibly awkward and
over really quickly.
I always felt like this man was off limit. I do feel that
way with most men, obviously. Now I feel I might have to work on not jumping
him. It confuses me. I know that he had his own designs and he had the same
hungry look I’ve seen in men’s eyes for…far too long. I did too. I’ve wanted to
bite into that butt for a long, long time. Didn’t expect to actually do it, but
it seems my subconscious had designs of its own.
The tension between my ‘band-mate’ and I is partly
responsible for the reason why I lost my head and allowed that cad to unzip my
shorts. I bled that night, Lilo was
freaking out, which she does every time I am with a man the night before, I’m
fucking angry and overwhelmed … then the icing on the strange day cake,
Toe-Shoe shows up! I’m over my crush by now so I finally get to look at this
man through disgust-tinted goggles and felt pretty gross. I noticed a huge
difference from the first time I saw him. So knowing the nature of desire is
fleeting, why do I constantly have to wrestle with attachment? I’m attached to
my own fantasies, I’m ‘projecting the past onto the future’, and I smell a rat.
I’m not sure what it is though: Am I afraid of getting close to someone? Am I
feeling the drag of low self-esteem? Am I just crazy? Cause that one works too. I'm not too idealistic when it comes to this kind of stuff anymore, I'm afraid.
I like passion. It’s raw, it’s painful and it feels so good.
It’s there then it’s gone. I’ve gone through a few and hope I don’t have to go
through more, just the right one. I say and know these things but still feel an
infinite amount of sadness when I start getting involved with someone because
it’s always so horrible. Because I make such shitty choices.
Like all robots I dream of owning a heart. Not sure if I
want it on a spit-fork in a metal chest cavity. Which is what mine feels like. I'm not sure where to flounder off to next. I know what I don't want though. That's a good start.
There's a pile of medical stuff I have to sort through. That's the start.
You are not crazy just lonely for too long, fighting for too long and not just for yourself. Fulfilling desire and lust seems a very natural relief. Bad choices? Maybe they were the best ones around and available at that time in your life circle. You are not a mystical creature of the wilderness, you are a human being, a young woman and have every right for passion without love even it is only one short firework. It's just not a viable way for the long term as it eats you up, it sucks the energy, mentally, emotionally and health-wise from this wonderful strong beauty you still are and always will be. I don't think you have ever been afraid of getting close to someone but I believe you are afraid of being hurt and abandoned, of your love turning once again into a one way street. And just maybe the self-fulfilling prophecy trap took control.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm worried about Lilo too, she isn't a child anymore, she understands in her heart but not her mind and is understandably afraid. You are her lifeline, you need to stay healthy, become healthy again, that's the priority. Showing the strong parent part while battling the inner wars is bloody tough as I know from my own experience. But you are a hero, you will win at the end and those who love you will stand at your side all the way.
I selected WTF because I don't think it is either great nor bad, it's just life and that is WTF at times and this seems to be one of those moments.
Thanks. I've never slept with a man and had my whole life implode before. That's a first. The roomie had feelings and life had its own twist and turns and he's not handling it well. I'm just wanting my own space right now and I'm getting to the point where I'm just ready to allow my will to be submitted to this weird pull towards Nelson. But I don't want to live there because I'm lonely, have a hard time trusting, have a lot of impractical relationships and false friendships and I'm just destroying the old at this point.
ReplyDeleteTo make way for the new, whatever it is. I want this man. I do. As usual. But I'm being a little more realistic about my feelings than I've been in the past. I don't want to have casual encounters with anyone. I'm not even going for casual friendships right now. I need to form real bonds with people, it's just everyone's so fucking superficial out here, I CAN'T TAKE IT.
I just wanted to write my philosophical thoughts about you which entered my mind in the shower this morning. But than I re-read your post from February 26, 2012 and it all felt redundant. The discrepancy between your surpassing self analytical skills and the suction of your animalistic lust into inadequate relationships is puzzling yet strangely nubile and logical at the same time. The clear simple beauty of your sensual and sexy appearance gives little hints about your complex and mystical intelligence shaped by your past experiences. As love isn't part of the equation I'm not really surprised those men desire rather your body than your mind. Here they say that it's typical American to be very superficial in friendships but maybe it is everywhere and just incompatibility caused by different ways of cultural communication. You are much more African than American or Canadian in every way. And a single mother. And full of extraordinary mystic dreams. And nonconformist, courageous, bold. OMG how scary, scary, scary. And you even refuse to be melted and be casted in a standard assimilated mold. How outrages and ungrateful of you to insist to stay yourself. Femme fatale. So the price to pay is loneliness. Is it???
DeleteI'm terrible in bonding, real or unreal, so I know only the problem not the solution. I guess I'm idealizing you way too much. Handcuffs? Handcuffs! There must be some hidden faults I can't see from the distance.
Marry me?
DeleteI'm sorry : )
I think it's time to talk about my father.
DeleteI am fantasizing about that thought a lot (hey don't laugh I'm serious). Unfortunately besides being a square there are too many other facts which speak against it. But in some way you are already part of my heart and my life and will always be.
DeleteI'm listening. You want to talk here or somewhere else?
Do you already know when you are seeing the doctors? I know it is unpleasant but it's important. Please let me know how it goes and you feel. Please.
Delete