I usually go full yeti after getting my heart shat on. But this time, I've decided to do something completely different. For once, I actually trimmed my toenails (and bush) because I wanted to. Not because it's expected of me. I've been washing my face. I've even cut the eating binge in half, though I needed it. But that's mostly to do with the fact that my anus and belly are in a world of pain and digestion is kind of an effort. I might go on a soup diet. I'm just glad my tits have filled up a bit. The space between the hips, ribby look is not working out.
Neither is my attraction to men. I keep going for the same guy and having the same experience over and over. And I'm not sure why I haven't learned my lesson yet. Maybe I'm addicted to sex with an emotionally detached partner, maybe I like being treated like shit. It's the only reason why I would just let myself become infatuated with the same kind of man over and over and over. Like I've not had my heart stomped on enough. As if I'm addicted to heartache and woe...
All I can think off at the moment is regaining control of my emotions and it's working. I'm feeling a little less exhausted and I think it's boosting my morale a bit. The difference between my eighteen year old self and I is that I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a pretty fucking delusional person when it comes to love and relationships. So when I suffer this type of massive collision with reality, it doesn't take weeks to recover any more. I accept the lesson I'm meant to glean from this experience. It's one I've learned plenty of times before. And really, I don't deserve a relationship until I learn to choose the right partner. And he/she is going to have to be absolutely different than what I keep going for. My 'unreciprocated' (and deep down, I always know they are) feelings are meant to be held close, hidden behind the veil. I can even share them on a platform like this. I doubt I would actually, ever pursue them again. I'm ready for a partner who appreciates me. I know I deserve at least that.
I also forget to withhold any sexual interaction until I get what I want and most men do use that against me. Means I'm a slut and I won't give them a chase. Always slip on that last part. I don't sleep with men I don't feel strong emotions for. Men on the other hand, categorize their fucks and I'm always in the 'not worthy' pile. What gives? Some would say self-love...well I've got plenty of that. Enough to know now that I shouldn't seek validation in these impossible connections. I'm not going to get it. This last guy mentioned communication, but that's usually on their terms and not mine. Perhaps it's because I'm shy and I act like a little girl when I'm crushing, means I'm immature. Definitely not partner material. Never mind the life burden, that clearly means I'm irresponsible. Lacks social skills, has no money, never mind it means nothing to me in the long run, I just can't win in their eyes.
So this is the point where I retreat even further within myself and continue focusing on my own personal goals. Now that I'm not deluding myself in love, I can spend more time developing and creating. I'm not too inspired at the moment, but something will spark eventually.
Humans are simple creatures and easy enough to read until my emotions get in the way. Then I become someone I don't like. Jealous and possessive, wasting my thoughts and anguishing for nothing. I'm distracted, constantly horny and over emotional. Then they think I don't have my shit together and I'm easy to manipulate and sometimes I'm too addicted to the sex to just break away. I don't have my shit together, actually. I'm having a hard time accepting the situation I've placed my self in. My ex husband is a clout over my life. He is a disease I need to legislatively remove from my system and he needs to start forking over some cash before trying to use my daughter as a pawn to manipulate me. And by him, I mean his sociopathic mother.
Neither is my attraction to men. I keep going for the same guy and having the same experience over and over. And I'm not sure why I haven't learned my lesson yet. Maybe I'm addicted to sex with an emotionally detached partner, maybe I like being treated like shit. It's the only reason why I would just let myself become infatuated with the same kind of man over and over and over. Like I've not had my heart stomped on enough. As if I'm addicted to heartache and woe...
All I can think off at the moment is regaining control of my emotions and it's working. I'm feeling a little less exhausted and I think it's boosting my morale a bit. The difference between my eighteen year old self and I is that I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a pretty fucking delusional person when it comes to love and relationships. So when I suffer this type of massive collision with reality, it doesn't take weeks to recover any more. I accept the lesson I'm meant to glean from this experience. It's one I've learned plenty of times before. And really, I don't deserve a relationship until I learn to choose the right partner. And he/she is going to have to be absolutely different than what I keep going for. My 'unreciprocated' (and deep down, I always know they are) feelings are meant to be held close, hidden behind the veil. I can even share them on a platform like this. I doubt I would actually, ever pursue them again. I'm ready for a partner who appreciates me. I know I deserve at least that.
I also forget to withhold any sexual interaction until I get what I want and most men do use that against me. Means I'm a slut and I won't give them a chase. Always slip on that last part. I don't sleep with men I don't feel strong emotions for. Men on the other hand, categorize their fucks and I'm always in the 'not worthy' pile. What gives? Some would say self-love...well I've got plenty of that. Enough to know now that I shouldn't seek validation in these impossible connections. I'm not going to get it. This last guy mentioned communication, but that's usually on their terms and not mine. Perhaps it's because I'm shy and I act like a little girl when I'm crushing, means I'm immature. Definitely not partner material. Never mind the life burden, that clearly means I'm irresponsible. Lacks social skills, has no money, never mind it means nothing to me in the long run, I just can't win in their eyes.
So this is the point where I retreat even further within myself and continue focusing on my own personal goals. Now that I'm not deluding myself in love, I can spend more time developing and creating. I'm not too inspired at the moment, but something will spark eventually.
Humans are simple creatures and easy enough to read until my emotions get in the way. Then I become someone I don't like. Jealous and possessive, wasting my thoughts and anguishing for nothing. I'm distracted, constantly horny and over emotional. Then they think I don't have my shit together and I'm easy to manipulate and sometimes I'm too addicted to the sex to just break away. I don't have my shit together, actually. I'm having a hard time accepting the situation I've placed my self in. My ex husband is a clout over my life. He is a disease I need to legislatively remove from my system and he needs to start forking over some cash before trying to use my daughter as a pawn to manipulate me. And by him, I mean his sociopathic mother.
Unfortunately we can not choose what type of person attracts us, we fall in love with or makes us horny. Like other personal preferences it's imprinted by genes and early life experiences. I guess your attraction to sexual domination preselects the type of men who turn you on just by their general behavior and that starts a feedback mechanism in your brain which triggers the release of 'those' hormones. Even if you know what the wrong type is, it still will be hard to fight against your instincts and turn to the 'good' guys who just don't light the sparkle in you. Although I really don't think dominance in bed has to go with being a macho asshole in general life. There is definitely hope to find the right breed somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you can now cope easier with those experiences because really you didn't do anything wrong, you just followed the call of nature as it feels natural to you. It's totally normal to act silly if you are in love, that doesn't mean you are immature (because you are certainly not), neither are you lacking social skills in a healthy social environment (you just haven't been trained as a psychiatrist to feel happy among nut-cases).
Looking back at all the experiences in your past life it feels normal that your emotions get sometimes the upper hand and you (your body and your mind) are maybe too desperately trying to secure a permanent deal with the subject of love. I think it's less the problem how you being emotional and horny than that it was so far always the wrong subject involved on the other end. As soon as you find the right boy or girl, it will turn out to be perfectly ok to have all that feelings.
Basically what I want to say is that you are a wonderful and incredible lovable person (even if you are not perfect) who isn't the part in the equation that needs changing. I agree your situation isn't pretty and very hard on you right now but it's not due to you not trying your best to solve all problems when they popped up or that you could have foreseen the mean turn of events before they happened. It's easy to analyze afterwards and be clever but you really did your best in a toxic environment to make the right decisions as soon as you knew what was going on. In a less greedy society you would be the winner big time.
I'm happy losing as long as Lilo's with me : )
ReplyDeleteI want you to win happily at your own terms (although it is anyway a rather tricky question what losing and what winning exactly means). Lilo is with you as self-evidently as your bum is with you eternally.
ReplyDeleteHmm hope the bush is still bushy.
Nah...I did the big chop a few days ago. Just scratchy now.
ReplyDeleteWas this wise with the freezing weather coming up, I wonder?
ReplyDeleteThank goddess it will be growing again.
what's so great about the full bush?
ReplyDeleteI'll grow it back, but it needs to be maintained...maybe I should get creative! Half poof with a peekaboo underneath?
Scratch that. I'm always nervous about nether bits and scissors.
ReplyDelete