Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reading list

The Myth of Mental Illness
Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason
The Manufacture of Madness: A Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement

Just as I predicted in my 'Toxic Parents' post, and much to my chagrin, Mitch has attempted to kill himself again. And I can't help but despair. Is it my fault? No it can't be. He told me he wanted to leave, wanted a divorce and left on his own.

I couldn't have anticipated that he would do a complete one-eighty when he went back to his parents (actually I should have, he does this all the time) but I've been trying to move on. I met a great guy. We enjoy each other's presence. Of course I love Mitch! I never wanted him to leave. But he's abandoned us enough time that I felt like it was time for me to move on!

I'm confused and angry at him and his family. If I could I would completely erase them from his life. But he has to grow up. When I tried to help he backstabbed me, betrayed my trust and was incredibly unloyal. He abandoned his daughter and I. Now he cries for my help but I'm afraid of what I've got to lose if I keep riding to his rescue.I've got a lot to lose. And when he's constantly going back and forth about the way he feels about me, I care less and less to interrupt my life to ride to the rescue.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment